This Avocado Key Lime Pie is so refreshing and delicious, it will convert everyone who tries it into a raw desert loving being!
I have been making this pie for years, but always with regular limes. Who can ever find key limes, especially organic ones?! But, my first visit to my new farmers market in LA there they were. A small basket of key limes, just waiting to be the center piece of my first shabbat potluck in Santa Monica! If using key limes, increase the amount of juice by a tablespoon or two, since they are sweeter! Perhaps even try reducing the maple syrup and tasting as you cook, since it’s a raw filling that is made in the blender, it never hurts to try less and adjust for taste! I waited until right before serving to garnish with sliced key limes. You could also garnish with shredded coconut or coconut whipped cream! Enjoy!
Raw Avocado Key Lime Pie
Serves: 10, Vegan, Raw, GF, Refined Sugar-Free
2 Cups of Raw Unsalted Cashews
1/2 Cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
1 Cup Pitted Dates
1/8 Teaspoon Sea Salt
1 Large Avocado
1 1/2 Cups of Raw Cashews
1/2 Cup Coconut Oil
1/4 Cup Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice
1/3 Cup Maple Syrup
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Pinch of Sea Salt
1 Tablespoon Lime Zest
1. Soak the cashews for the filling. Place cashews in a bowl. Cover them in
room temperature or cold water. Let rest for 2-3 hours on the counter.
Alternatively, cover them in boiling water and let sit for 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, make the crust. Combine all crust ingredients in the bowl of a
food processor and let run until the mixture is sticky and semi smooth
3. Lightly oil the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie pan with coconut oil.
Press the crust mixture evenly in the bottom and up the sides of the pan.
4. When the cashews are finished soaking, rinse them thoroughly and add them
to a blender. Add the remaining filling ingredients to the blender and
blend until the mixture is silky and smooth.
5. Pour the filling into the pie pan with the crust. Smooth the top with a
6. Place the pie in the freezer for at least an hour. Transfer to the
refrigerator for about an hour or two before serving. Serve chilled.